Saturday, June 5, 2010

Willie Nelson 2K10 - Paul English

Paul, Willie's long time friend and drummer, suffered a minor stroke in April, but I'm happy to report that he's back 'on the road' with Willie Nelson and Family, for their European tour this year.
Here's a pic of Paul.
And, yes it's my hand on his shoulder. He's one of the gentlest people I've ever met. Every word he speaks is in a soft, gentle, and friendly manner, that leads me to the obvious conclusion that to live as long as these guys, you have to adapt a bit, learn to behave, and live a cleaner lifestyle.
Let's face it, in the early days Paul was a bit of a renegade. And what else could he be. Life on the road with Willie Nelson must have been 'some' experience.

Paul first worked with Willie in 1956, and since then they've been through everything together. I think I could write for hours about what Willie and Paul mean to each other, but why should I bother when Willie made it easy by writing a song called "Me and Paul".

I think it's fair to say that Paul never planned a career as a drummer, until he met Willie Nelson. But I don't think he regrets a minute of the time they have spent together on the road.
He has been quoted as saying that, "I played my first job with Willie, and I will play my last job with Willie". That's friendship, and all that Willie Nelson and Family is about.

I'll make absolutely no apologies for excessive Willie Nelson posts over the next week or two. Hero worship has to have a place on every blog, and Willie is 'way up there', along with all his family.

Yun's aa fir enoo (That's all for now)

For further up to date info on Willie Nelson and Family, visit:
http://stillisstillmoving.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment