Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nice weather for ducks, and umbrellas..

Norway has a fascinating ability to come with either long spells of nice weather, interspersed with crappy days,. Or long spells of crappy weather, interspersed with nice days. But this year we've managed to get long spells of crappy weather, interspersed with very crappy days.
A walk to the end of the house involves one of these weird gadgets, called an umbrella.
I knew what it was before I came to Norway, but as a Shetlander I never thought that there could be wind conditions in which such a gadget could be used.

I still remember my first rainy day here, when I had to walk to work. 'She who understands rain, but knows bugger all about wind', said, "Take an umbrella". I think my first comment was, "How do I drive it?" I'd never opened one in my life. Let's face it, if you open one of those things in Shetland it ends up in Norway,,,, Ahhhh!, now I know where all the Norwegian umbrellas come from..

But, believe me, in this area of Norway, it is possible to use an umbrella.
And, Lord knows, this year it's needed.

Yun's aa fir enoo,
Da Auld Een

No comments:

Post a Comment