Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Innfjord & Berill

At the head of Innfjorden is the small village of Innfjord, from where a road leads up the valley, about 7km, to the farm settlement of Berill.
There's nothing special about the valley, or Berill, apart from the stunning mountain scenery.
Here's the view east over the farm.
South.
West.
And north, although the camera didn't handle the light too well.
There is a road which goes a further 6km up the to a Setter, but I think the old car has had enough of that kind of roads lately, so we headed back down.
This lovely little lake, which is just a wide part of the river, mad me wish I had a fishing rod with me.
Another scene of the mountains further down the east side of the valley.
 And a view down to the houses of Innfjord and the fjord itself.
The water was perfectly calm as this shot from the waters edge shows.
These las 2 shots are panoramas which I stitched from multiple images, looking east over Innfjorden.
They're just slightly different angles, but I couldn't decide which was best, so here's both.
They really deserve to be clicked on to see the view properly.

Onywye, yun's aa fir enoo.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I need to get saving up :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really chuffed with some of those pictures.
    This time of year is particularly good for photos here. The air is very clear, when it's not raining, and the leaves on the trees are changing to all sorts of weird colours.
    So hopefully some more nice shots soon.

    ReplyDelete