Friday, September 10, 2010

Hallelujah.....

Nope, I've not gone any more religious than I normally am, if I am,,,, well that's another subject/post....

But, Leonard Cohen wrote Hallelujah, and the first I heard of the song was when I found this video of Norwegian superstar Kurt Nilsen, and friends, singing it.
Afraid the video can't be embedded, but click on this link:

However, Willie Nelson doesn't block embedding of his music on websites, which generally indicates that "old age and treachery will always overcome youth and bullshit" So here's a Willie version of the song.  In some ways it's a pity that the picture used to front the video is a tad controversial, but that's just a reflection of Willie's attitude. He's always been an outlaw.
An outlaw that loves to visit Norway, and who can blame him.




Onywye,
Yun's aa fir enoo

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Auld Een but the original can't be beat for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I have to admit that original artists are always the best. Everybody else is just an interpretation of what the original writer was trying to put forward. I've found that to be true from hearing other people trying to recite my poems. LOL
    Leonard was here in Molde last summer, but I failed to get inspired enough to go to see him. Kinda regret that now.
    :)

    ReplyDelete