Friday, October 1, 2010

Changes are coming in Tresfjorden

The bridge across Tresfjorden is another step nearer this week.
A barge arrived today to start driving some test piles/pylons/(or whatever they're called). I guess we're in for a period of noise pollution as the pile driver hammers the damned things into place.  Although today 'media pollution' was perhaps a more notable problem. Guess the papers will be worth a look tomorrow.
I have to admit that I still can't see the sense behind this bridge. It eliminates less than 20km of road around the fjord, and it will likely bugger up a perfectly beautiful scene. But maybe I'm just being grumpy, it could be an architectural wonder,,,,, although if it is, I'll eat my hat.

Since I work right next to the crossing point for the bridge I'll no doubt give the construction some blog time when it gets under way properly next year.

Onywye, yun's aa fir enoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment