Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shetland Ponies

Hopefully nobody who is seriously interested in these lovely little ponies finds this post because likely they'll be shocked that I can only see the comedy in these short legged little work horses.
I found this video again last night by accident, whilst searching for something sensible, after one beer too many. SO I thought I'd share it here, it's a classic.


I have to admit that video is a bit cheeky, in as much as it portrays Shetland Ponies as being slow. And given how slow broadband operates in Shetland it's a bit cheekier still. So I thought I'd have to redress the balance with a video to show how fast Shetland Ponies really are.


They really are gutsy little ponies, with hearts of gold. They're a favourite worldwide as the best pony for a child to learn to ride. And they're cute.
For more info on them check out this Shetlopedia page .

But, like everything from Shetland, there is always an element of comedy, and the Shetland Pony is no exception. A man I work with here in Norway has a Shetland Pony stallion.
He found it to be completely uncontrollable. It was always escaping from it's field and wandering miles in search of female company. Only solution to curb this natural Shetland urge was a visit from the vet with a vicious tool to separate the poor animal from it's gonads. Let's hope that only happens to four legged Shetlanders in Norway. LOL.

Yun's aa fir enoo.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment