Sunday, January 23, 2011

Daddy's Girl - Red Sovine, Country Legend.

I just found this recording on You Tube of a song by an old country music favourite of mine, Red Sovine.
It kinda made me think about a couple of people who are very important in my life, so I thought I'd post it here.
Enjoy.


Red Sovine was one of the great heroes of old country music. I listened to his songs back in the days of LPs (those black round things which can't be downloaded), but which could be played and gave us kids a connection with another world, before the days of TV, CD, Internet, Bullsquash, etc....
One of the songs by Red Sovine which I first heard about 40 years ago, and which touched my heart deeply, was this one.
You'll need something available to wipe away a tear from your eye.


Yun's aa fir enoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment