Thursday, January 6, 2011

End of the Christmas season

Since today is Old Christmas, as per the Julian calendar, we've had a mini Christmas celebration.

Now, anybody who has read my recent posts might remember the trouble I had just before Christmas with this little Julenisser who had the cheek to invade my keyboard.
He then made a nuisance of himself by taking over my mouse docking station. Although, when challenged he had the decency to hold his hands up and plead guilty.
Well I got really mad with him and locked him in the bottom of the clock, although I did promise Santa Claus that I'd let him out in time to help with the deliveries for 'Old Christmas'.

Well this little Julenisser hasn't learned anything from his spell in the lockup... I let him out earlier today, as promised.. Now just look at the state I found him in tonight....... He's simply legless....


Now, back to more sensible things.
Firstly the explanation for my post last night when I mentioned that today we would be flying the Shetland Flag.
Simple reason. Another Shetlander has arrived here on a permanent basis. My Son has sensibly decided to leave Shetland before it becomes nothing more than a wind farm feeding the wallets of a few greedy money grabbing individuals. (Don't get me started on my hatred for Viking Energy..... I wouldn't give a crap if they hadn't got mad at me for criticizing them,,,, obviously the truth hurt,,,, rant over)
I've got him a job at the same place I work.. I just hope he doesn't show me up by working harder than me.

Anyhow, here's the boy enjoying his Old Christmas meal of Pinnekjøt... Shame he had to wear a T-shirt advertising a piss poor English beer.

And, finally, after all that rambling, a snowy scene...
The wife has just told me I'm writing another bloody novel,,,, so I'd better stop writing...

Yun's aa fir enoo.
;)

1 comment: