Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy 21st Birthday....

To
"Honey The Honda"
First registered on 4th April 1990. Honda 2.0L Accord
She's been the best behaved female in my life for 3 years now. She seldom complains, even when I treat her like a rally car on the mountain roads,,, unlike my regular co-driver (the wife) who always complains about my rally style driving. God, you should have heard her when I drove through the east road of Yell at speed... LOL
But, back to the birthday girl.
She's coming up to 300,000km on the clock now. All the electrics still work. And she starts at the first turn of the key. She is without a doubt the most reliable vehicle I have ever had the pleasure to drive, and some of those drives have been rather long, including 750km last June with only one short break because the human contents of this amazing vehicle couldn't hold their water any longer.

Here's a couple of pictures of the birthday girl.
1st on a gravel forest road.
And this one 1500m above sea level at Dalsnibba last summer.
Admittedly, a few hours after that picture was taken she suffered from a slight incontinence problem due to a burst radiator hose, which you can read about here.

I have a feeling that this car is very likely to outlive me... Since it's basically in better condition.. And a helluva lot less rusty.
So if you're reading this with a glass, or cup in your hand, please raise it and join me in wishing Honey the Honda a very happy 21st birthday.

Yun's aa fir enoo.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I'll need to get myself one if my 'peerie trooker' doesn't pass muster in a month!

    Happy Birthday Honey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kev. You could do a lot worse than buy a Honda. They just seem to go on for ever. Even Top Gear always mentions that fact.
    A big fact with old cars here in Norway is that the test is for 2 years, not 1 like the MOT. So Honey still has a year to go before I have to worry about that. Although, bless her, she sailed through the last test without any faults. :D :D

    ReplyDelete