Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturdays Happen

I don't exactly know why this happens, but it does.
Every week ends with a Saturday. And every Saturday night I end up with too many intoxicating fluids coursing through my body.
Then, as usual I get the guitar down and sing a few terrible songs, terribly out of key, and without remembering the words.
So this Saturday, just to be different, I didn't get the guitar down from it's honoured place on the wall. Instead I went to YouTube and listened to Johnny Cash.
So Johnny played a few songs terribly out of key, the recordings were his final live appearances, but I damned nearly cried from the feeling that he gave to those songs. Some of the songs I'd heard from him many times before, but never delivered in such a heart rending style.
And if anybody doubts what I mean, just listen to this song. Johnny didn't write it, but he made it his own:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Yun's aa da nicht.

No comments:

Post a Comment