Friday, January 27, 2012

It's been ages...

I don't know why, but I just suddenly lost interest in writing anything.
That horrible weekend in Copenhagen killed my interest in travel, taking pictures, and human nature all in one quick disaster.
So I've been quiet for a while.
But it's hard to stay quiet when there's so much I want to share, so I'm slowly crawling back to my blog, and maybe, just maybe, we'll get some weather this year which will make it possible to take a few pictures of this wonderful country I stay in which are worth sharing.

In the meantime I have a little story to tell about something which is currently happening:

I'm not sure how much my readers know about Haggis, (try a Google search if you don't know what it is), or better still just wait for the story of "Hamish The Haggis" which will be posted here over the next few days, that way you'll know the real truth about Haggis and how the poor animals life cycle can be so dramatically affected by the interventions of import regulations, international carriers, and my hunger for a taste of Scotland.

I'll post part one of the story tomorrow with information gleaned from the archives of DHL about the trouble Hamish has had in his travels from Scotland to Norway...

Oh, and just in case you think I'm going to write something sensible. You've lost the plot.
If you think I'm going to write something stupid. You're right.
And if you think I've lost the plot... You're wrong. I'm just so very concerned for the welfare of the Haggis, Scotland's most beautiful little animal, which has somehow managed to escape the protection of the World Wildlife Foundation.

Check back tomorrow....

Yun's aa fir enoo.
;) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Started to worry and thought you had shuffled off.

    I was told about Haggis. They were quite easy to catch. Because they run around the hills, to keep them up right the left set of legs were slightly shorter than the right set. The canny Scots used to wait for them to run past, build a wall and the Haggis would come around again, stop at the wall, turn back and fall over.
    They failed in taking Haggis to Australia, they could never stand up.

    ReplyDelete