Friday, February 3, 2012

Hamish the Haggis - Final Chapter..

The bold and beautiful little beast eventually arrived yesterday. Still sealed in the carefully designed shipping container.
After a bit of a struggle with a can opener he was set free and I let him have the freedom of the house. After all he's nearly the most unusual visitor we've had for a while.
 I have to admit I've seen better specimens, but considering the size of his drinks bill for his weekend in Oslo, It's no wonder he was looking a bit rough.
Overnight he was left to roam the house and I was beginning to think that he might just make a better pet than a meal.
Until this morning when I got up to find that the damned little Scottish reprobate had found my bottle of whisky. Now there is one thing I won't accept in this house and that's any form of alcohol abuse, such as spilling it or leaving a beer unfinished. And there is absolutely no way that I will accept any plundering of my whisky reserves.. So exit one pet and tonights meal was prepared.

After all the trouble, worry, and expense of getting him here, I'll end this saga with the best picture I got of him.
Accompanied by baked potatoes and mashed neep (swede/turnip) he suddenly became a severe bulge on my waistline which necessitated the slackening of my belt.

Rest in peace Hamish so bold, in my stomach you'll never grow old.
In this story you've played your part but I'm dreading the morning, you wee Scottish fart.

Yun's aa fir enoo

2 comments:

  1. YUK! Tinned haggis, I thought after all that fuss you'd be getting a fresh one!

    What did you do with his skin, make a nice fur hat for your Norskie winter?

    :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afraid it has to be tinned Kev. Import regulations and all that crap.. But Grants in a tin is better than some fresh ones. :)

    ReplyDelete